I haven't written in a month.
And,
I don't know why. I don't know why I don't know why I don't know why.
I'm making promts and getting annoyed when no one writes about them even though I'm not doing it myself. I literally run a creative writing blog.
Why aren't I writing?
I don't know. I wish I could say I had too much pain or too much happiness,
But I can't.
I'm just here.
Breathing. Typing. Sitting in summer school math class thinking about how ironic it is to write a poem about not being able to write.
But that's life.
I should be thinking about parallelograms and the pythagorean theorem. About where x is and how not to divide by zero.
But x ran away from home because her parents didn't approve and a squared plus b squared can't equal c squared because c didn't come to class today and I noticed.
I don't know. I don't know I don't know I don't know.
I feel like that guy on Jeopardy who doesn't know the answer to a stupid simple question and everybody's yelling at their screens saying 'THE CAPITAL OF CALIFORNIA IS SACRAMENTO, YOU IDIOT!'
I wish I had the answers. I wish I could help more people. I'm winging it. Everybody's winging it. They all say fake-it-till-you-make-it and I'm trying dammit, I'm trying.
I don't know.
I'll go with Sacramento.
I was just there. thank you for running the underground, its bringing me back.
ReplyDeleteThis is great. The summer school and the math and the c who didn't come to class and the jeopardy. This was present, this was now. I love it.
ReplyDeleteHeavens yes, writers block. And I want to write about the prompts, but when I sit down to do it, my mind goes blank.
ReplyDeleteBut thank you for underground. I'd be lost without it
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete